Thursday, February 14, 2013

I feel loved...



You have been committed to me through it all... more than 22 years of highs and lows.  Just this last year, you held my hand and encouraged me through debilitating sickness for so many months.  Even when you have had your own responsibilities pulling at you, you have remained steady and faithful, paying careful attention to my needs.  You love me by caring for my feelings and needs!

You asked me just days ago if I would like to pack some bags and take the kids to Disney World on the spur of the moment, checking out the week ahead on your weather app.  You wanted me to feel that warm Florida sunshine.  You wanted our children to experience the magic that comes with a vacation like that.  You love me by spoiling me with extravagance!

You know what each of our six children's favorite things are.  You come home from work with gum for Sydney, Doritos for the boys, and M&M's for the little girls.  You know which one needs to be told how big she is getting, which one needs to tag along with you to the office for a change of pace, which one needs kisses even though she acts like she doesn't like them, and which one needs to be encouraged to try doing something without any assistance from Mom & Dad.  You love me by being an amazing father to our children!

I could go on and on, but since you interrupted my writing of this blog post with chocolate covered strawberries, and told me to get dressed for dinner out tonight, I've got to go get ready.  Thank you for loving me so much more than I deserve!  You are good for me, husband!

Happy Valentine's Day, my love!

2 comments:

  1. Aww. So sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    Love to all,
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, Your Mom and Dad are thankful, too. Watching the two of you work so hard over the years to learn more about the bond of marriage, willing to read and pray and stretch, is fulfilling to us as well. We love you both!!!
    Happy Valentine's Day to You and Kurt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...