Friday, August 1, 2008

Blackberry Cobbler


This has been my first year to have a garden, thanks to my wonderful father-in-law. He came and helped to get it all set it up for me. Aside from my weeding skills, which could stand some improvement, it has been a great experience. I've learned a lot and look forward to an even better harvest next year. We had a great spring harvest with fresh spinach and lettuce every day. Then, we went on to enjoy squash, zucchini, peppers, and tomatoes. And now, we are still up to our elbows in tomatoes. These last several weeks have been filled with zucchini bread, tomato sandwiches and lots of freezing the squash and tomatoes. At the same time, my husband and kids have been picking blackberries off of our land about every third day, expecting a yummy cobbler in return. I found the BEST cobbler recipe...
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blackberry-Cobbler-2/Detail.aspx and I don't think we will ever be satisfied with any other cobbler! It is a winner.

I believe the blackberries are gone now. But the yellow squash, tomatoes, and okra show no signs of slowing down. I show signs of slowing down, though. Ha! Harvesting just went from fun to another chore. But I am so happy that I will be able to pull stewed tomatoes out of the freezer all winter long. I have loved having a garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...